Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mix Tape

At school this week, the 3rd year teachers decided that one of the class activities should be to listen to the song "I Was Born to Love You" by Queen and have students fill in some missing words in the lyrics. Oddly enough, I'd never heard that song and was later told it is used in a ton of commercials in Japan.



Well... after having to listen to the song 10 times or so in one day I decided I should make a mix cd for the school. Oh, this idea also came into fruition because I played a past tense verb game of hot potato on Monday and the only english cd the 2nd year teacher had was of Disney songs... because everyone in America listens to Disney cds.... So this is the playlist I gave them. I took into consideration the "appropriateness" of the lyrics and if I could enjoy listening to the songs over and over again.

Class Mix
1. Middle of Nowhere / Hot Hot Heat
2. Annie Waits / Ben Folds
3. Soul Meets Body / Death Cab for Cutie
4. Truly Madly Deeply / Savage Garden
5. Stars / Barcelona
6. Relax, Take It Easy / Mika
7. Work / Jimmy Eat World
8. I Wish You Were Here / Incubus
9. Keep Fishin' / Weezer
10. The Only Exception / Paramore
11. On Love, On Life / Bayside
12. 'til We See The Shore / Seabird
13. Setting Up Sunday / Meg & Dia
14. Roll With It / Oasis
15. Slide / Goo Goo Dolls
16. Everything is Alright / Motion City Soundtrack

I gave the cd to the head JTE and I have a feeling he's going to be listening to it this weekend since the 3rd year students are going on their class trip to Kyoto from Sunday to Tuesday. This week should be interesting without having the 3rd year teachers around for the first half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment